Sunday, January 24, 2010

Rachel Rainer



This series focuses on famous advertising icons. I created this series to show the effectiveness of branding and advertising in our society. I made my own recreation of famous ad icons and shot them in a studio setting. I then shrunk them and placed them near their product in a grocery store setting. Each image in the series should accomplish two goals. First, there should be an apparent connection and a recognition by the viewer of the ad icon associated with the product. Additionally, each image should explore what happens when these icons are taken out of their fictional worlds. When these icons make the shift between icon and human, a shift in their personality also occurs. The viewer should be able to examine the usual personality in the ad icons and see a distinct change in the personality of the icons in my images.








No comments:

Post a Comment